- If I use a GPS device, what address do I use?
- Do you have on-site parking?
- Yes, complimentary parking is available.
- Do you have a business center?
- A computer is available to guests. Printing and copies may be made for $.10/sheet for black and white and $.25/sheet for color.
- Do you offer free internet?
- Yes, complimentary wireless internet access in available in all common areas and classrooms. Complimentary wired internet access is available in all sleeping rooms.
- Do you have a post office?
- Camp Dawson has a Mail Room with limited hours located outside of the event center. Advance notice must be made to pick up or drop off mail or packages to CDEC’s front desk.
- Do you have a lost and found?
- Yes, please contact the front desk at 304-791-7001.
- Do you allow animals and/or service animals?
- Pets are only allowed in Building 106 (see Lodging) with a $75 non-refundable pet fee. Service animals are allowed.
- Is there a meal option open 24/7?
- The Liberty Restaurant & Lounge, Dining Facility, and Post Exchange are not open 24/7. However, the front desk has a variety of snacks for guests arriving after hours!
- How far is the airport from CDEC?
- Please see Directions.
- Will I be staying in barracks?
- Conference/event attendees stay in our modern hotel rooms! Military guests may stay in hotel rooms or barracks, pending what is required on travel orders.
- Can I share a room with another attendee?
- All rooms in the hotel have one queen bed; therefore, we do not encourage sharing. An extra conference/event guest in a single room may be charged a fee.
- Can I bring my family?
- Conference/event attendees may bring family if notified and approved in advance. An extra guest may be charged a fee.
- Who can hold a conference/event at CDEC?
- In addition to all military branches, authorized conference users include any Federal, State (of WV), Local, or other governmental entity with the intent of using Camp Dawson in a conference/training capacity. If you are unsure as to whether or not your group is authorized, please contact the Marketing Department for more details.
- Does CDEC have an area for team building?
- Camp Dawson offers many great areas for team building; such as, the Multi-Purpose Building, the Leadership Reaction Course, Pierce Lake and Pavilion, and multiple outdoor courtyards.
- Do you have an on-site catering company?
- Yes! Liberty Catering offers everything from snack breaks to full event dinners. Liberty Catering offers a variety of themed menus or will gladly work to make a menu customized to your event. CDEC has many great location for indoor or outdoor events. Large party tents and a portable bar are available.